Sunday, May 19, 2013

10 Years of Being Amber's Nanay

How time flies.  I have put together a photo of Amber and me when she was but a couple of moths old and another one more recently.  In the first photo, she and I are getting ready for her Baptism.  She was baptised in St. Joseph Catholic Church in Abu Dhabi on February 13, 2003 by Father Eugene Mattioli.  In the second photo, taken May 17th 2013, Amber is 10 years old.  I just realised that I have been mom for 10 years and just dumbfounded at how fast time does fly.  My baby is now almost as tall as I am, have bigger feet and hands than me and well, all-round bigger that I was when I was 10!  The once tiny baby who I could make "hele" (sing/lull to sleep) with just one arm is now this budding young lady who can choose her own clothes to wear, make her own sandwich and an extra one for me, give me a glass of water when she sees me busy working on the computer, and lovingly says, "Pa-kiss nga?!" when she knows I'm busy doing chores and need a break.  From the first picture to the second one is 10 years.  A decade of memories to cherish, love to share and just many, many things to be thankful for.  Thank you Amber for being my  little one and for being one of the best gifts in my life.  I am looking forward to decades and decades more...

No comments: