Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bye Buluts! Hopefully by May-May?

Amber's better now, her chicken pox have all dried up and have slowly gone away. She's been outside of the house, both to Jimi Mall and Al Ain Mall to scour her favorite shops for new toys and books that amuses most four-year-olds. She's declared herself to be "cured"! And celebrated by eating a whole pouch of Maltesers, her favorite chocolate junk food.

She is now checking out the pock marks and have been making sure they go away by telling herself that Hyuga Neji (a character from famous Japanese anime, Naruto) will come and erase them all. She's also declared that she has a huge crush on Kiba! (another character from Naruto) but I suspect that it is only becuase Kiba has a cute, tiny dog named Akumaru. She is afterall, fond of dogs and cats and sleeps with a plethora of stuffed animals dominated by dogs. Her favorite stuffed toy "May-May the dog" which she's been hugging and tugging along wherever she goes (yes, even outside the house but only up to the car) has been with her since she was one. She is now four.

I've been trying to wean her off Maymay and have offered newer, cuter options to the toy and still she refuses. I've even gone the scietific and clinical explanation that constant use will wear and tear Maymay and she should be given a bit of R&R to live longer; but I was met with an adamant, "No."

Obviously the toy had been washed and sun-dried through the years and has been looking rather sorry lately. Despite this, it is the most loved and most hugged critter of the bunch. I remember my favorite shirt, worn thin from laundry and constant use, seams gone at some parts, color - an undefined beigey hue...and yet I wore it until my husband, fed up, used it to wipe my daughter's vomit one time she got sick. I still miss the soft, comfortable feel of that shirt and hesitate to end Amber and Maymay's relationship. OK, perhaps not just yet...

No comments: