Wednesday, March 28, 2007

ILYSFTBOMH*

I’m always thankful for my lunch breaks. Since my daughter has been coming to school, I get to drop her off and pick her up everyday. We’d share lunch at home and it has given me time to forget about work for a while and enjoy my daughter for at least an hour during these mid-day breaks.


But my favorite time is when I’m about to leave and return for work. One cannot describe how my heart swells as I see her little form standing by our door, blowing these imaginary kisses to me while saying “See you later mom!” or “I love you mom”. This is the time I send a short prayer of thanks to God above for giving me the gift of motherhood and an extra prayer for my daughter’s well-being.

Last night, I was snuggling with my gift, Amber, while watching Naruto (a Japanese anime) when she just blurted, “I love you mommy, straight from the bottom of my heart*.”

I had to fight the tears from falling as I know now, what it exactly feels like when “my cup runneth over.” This moment I will forever keep in my heart. And when there will be times in the future that you would do or say something hurtful to me, I will recall this moment so I will not forget that you are my sweet child and nothing could tear us apart. That whatever you may be then, does not change what you were – right in this minute where you are mine and you uttered these words that made me cry of intense happiness.

I close my eyes and send a prayer of thanks again for being able to experience love at this level. I count myself one of the luckiest people in the world to have found a love like that of a mother and her child.

No comments: